Raymond Kelly of Meadowbrook, Logan, found needles in two strawberries while on Thursday packing a lunchbox for his six-year – old.
“I was gutted, my daughter could have choked on that,” Mr Kelly told Seven News.
The discovery comes two years after a national needle scare that saw the implementation of tough laws lifting the maximum prison term from 10 years to 15 years for food tampering offences.
A spokesman for Queensland Police said the new investigation concerned “two food items purchased by one person at one location”.
“No one was injured, police were notified [on Thursday] and initial inquiries are under way,” he said.
Woolworths pulled punnets from the shelves, after Mr Kelly’s discovery, to check for further contamination.
“As a precautionary measure, our store team opened and inspected other strawberries punnets, we found no further product safety concerns in these checks,” the supermarket chain said in a statement.
“We’ve also commenced our own investigation in line with our established food safety procedures.
“We will assist the police with their investigation, and share CCTV footage as required.”
Supermarkets pulled the fruit from shelves after several reports of needles found in strawberries in September 2018, devastated farmers were forced to dump fruit and some staff lost their jobs.
Former strawberry farm supervisor My Ut Trinh, 52, will face six contamination charges before the courts.